Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Wholesome Table

Last Tuesday, I spent my evening catching up with a vegan friend in an organic restaurant in Makati -- The Wholesome Table.

The place is amazingly nice and neat! The owners really invested on the vibe and setup of the place! Every detail around area perfectly complimented each other.


Since this is an organic restaurant, let's first define the word... ORGANIC. So, according to our dear friend, Mr. Webster:

or·gan·ic
\ȯr-ˈga-nik\
adjective
  • of food : grown or made without the use of artificial chemicals
  • : not using artificial chemicals
  • : of, relating to, or obtained from living things
Now that we are aware of the meaning of organic, let's now dwell into the food that we ate in this organic restaurant.



While waiting for our main course, they asked us to try their potato breads which are part of their complimentary starters. They taste really good that we had to ask for another round! Also, they remind of me of the pudding that my mom prepares for us everytime we have leftover breads. We also ordered for hearty tomato soup which is actually also good. The serving of the soup is too generous for its price.

We also had vegetarian baked bolognese and enlightened bowl. Since I'm with a vegetarian friend, all of the food that we ate do not include any kind of meat. Having been able to try the food without meat from The Wholesome Table made me realized that I can really survive without eating any kind of meat though I think it will really take time and courage to do it because I am still craving for that meaty flavor while I was eating these foods. 



If you are a person who really loves to eat very healthy, clean, and non-meaty foods, this restaurant is the best place for you.

Larraine xx

PS: This place might just convert you to being vegetarian! Go for it!!!

#100consecutivedaysofblogposts
[9 of 100]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say! Spill it! :)
I'll appreciate any comments you'll leave :)
Thank youuu for reading my post!!! :)
Larraine xx