Saturday, March 23, 2013

Conquer the Waves

Last December 2012, I was able to tick off from my bucket list one of the best water activities in the world which is... SURFING! That day, I was sooo stoked that I had even forgotten to do some stretching before surfing so I ended up stuck on the surfboard in my first attempt. I felt that the weight of my body was too heavy and even though I kept telling myself that I can do it, that I can stand on the board, I did not succeed. I did feel super weak on my first 3 attempts so I told my instructor that I think I should take a break first and so I did. I also made sure to do some stretching before attempting to surf again. In my second round of trying to conquer the waves, I felt more confident and I really did whisper to God to help me stand on the board and to get through even a few waves only. The strategy worked!!! I was able to conquer the waves many times! I only have one proof though, but being able to conquer the waves felt supeeer amazing! :)

Calicoan Island, Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines. Decmber 2, 2012.

In our daily lives, we all experience so many "waves" or our so-called problems. Sometimes, we just feel like giving up and most of the times, we tend to forget the reason why we're fighting. FEAR is one of the biggest reasons why we give up in the middle of the fight so easily. I have realized from my surfing experience that "waves" or trials do come in our lives and they are inevitable. We need to accept the fact that problems are part of out lives. The most important thing that I've learned from the surfing experience which is also applicable in our lives is that we shouldn't give up. We should continue to fight. It's okay if we fall from the board, but we should still be determined to get up, ride the board and still try to conquer the waves. It's okay if waves swallow us, it will pass -- what you need to do is to stay calm, pray to the Lord to send the Holy Spirit for strength, wait for the right moment, and keep thinking about your goal of conquering the next waves. It's okay to retreat if we get tired, you just have to rest and prepare yourself before fighting again. Please do remember that taking a rest from a fight is different from giving up.

Giving up should not be an option. Don't be afraid! Conquer the waves!

Larraine xx

P.S.

Always PUSH!
Pray Until Something Happens :)

One and only proof of my awesome experience of conquering the waves :) STOKED!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ngayon ko lang napansin itong post mo. Amazing. :)

    Conquer the waves will be my motto today! :D

    ReplyDelete

I know you've got something to say! Spill it! :)
I'll appreciate any comments you'll leave :)
Thank youuu for reading my post!!! :)
Larraine xx